Monday, September 2, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away

So, I have made the executive decision of only having one blog post a week. I decided that writing two a week, plus all of the other things I have going on would be too much. Besides, who wants to read about my life twice a week? I cannot think of anyone except probably my mother...

Everything has been getting better each day. I'm starting to get used to life here. Starting to know where things in town are (not that Borås is a huge town), and I'm getting to know people in my class. I must say though, that it is weird walking around in a school where you don't know really anyone. I mean, I might not know everyone at Service, but when I walk in the hallways there I recognize people, I see similar faces. Here, there's a new blonde around every corner. I also miss being with different people in every single class. That variety of types of people depending on what class you are in, ranging from Seminar to Choir. It's also strange having a different schedule everyday, it teaches you to like the steadiness of having the same classes at the same time everyday. But, life is starting to become more comfortable. I'm getting used to not seeing Oreos and peanut butter on a regular basis, and those gorgeous mountains we take far to for granted in Alaska.

Its funny to hear People talk about The States here. They say we have everything, that is must be better because its America! They seem to forget I'm from Alaska; land of the midnight sun and absolutely nothing to do besides fishing and camping on the weekends. (Not saying I don't like fishing and camping...but still, Alaska is very different from the rest of The States.) 

I love being around so much family here. I don't have any extended family is Alaksa so it's a very nice change. Being able to get to know them. I've always felt so unattached from the family life over here. 

It's amazing how much the weather changes here. Take today, it was pouring down rain this morning and cold, and now, it's sunny, a little windy and quite warm. And people don't think of takin about the weather as a bad thing, as a conversation killer. It's very much a conversation starter. Like, "oh hey, it was raining 15 minutes ago and now it's super sunny? What's up with that?" Is totally cool and actually really interesting here. 

My mom left on Saturday morning and let me say that I miss her. More than I thought. We all might bag on our parents, especially our moms as teenagers but, we do love them,
deep down. And I realize how much I took her for granted. That, you know, if something goes wrong, it will be okay, because mom is there. That if you need a shoulder to cry on, she's there. It's a very drastic change. But, I'm sure like everything else I'll get used to it. It just might take longer than, let's say, not having peanut butter and toasters. 

Regardless, life gets easier. It goes on. 

1 comment:

  1. Super cool Zoe!! I'm so glad things are starting to settle in. Knowing you, I think you will make new friends sooner than ever! So happy to hear from you. Btw, oreos ad peanut butter...I know what I'm putting in your care package now ;) hahaha

    Love, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete