Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Potato, Potato

Have you ever heard the joke with the blond, brunette, and the red head, and the police are chasing them so they run into a barn and the brunette hides with the pigs, the red head with the cows and the blond in a bin of potatoes? (yeah, I thought so, but I'll keep going.) So, when the police come into the barn they look in the pig pen, but all they hear are pigs so they move on. Then, they look with the cows but again, all they hear is mooing. But, when they go to look in the bin of potatoes, the blond goes 'Potato, Potato!' ... All in all, not one of the best jokes but, still kinda funny.

I thought a little joke at the beginning would make this easier to write...because to be honest here, I cannot think of anything to write. Life has been mundane. Well, mundane as it can be in a foreign country. I've been going to school, swim, hanging out with friends and family, everything is going quite well. Expect, I feel as if I am just going through the motions of life, and not really living it. I feel as if I'm on a boat out at sea, and in the distance to my left is the USA and everything comfortable to me and on the right, not so far away into the distance is Sweden and everything not to comfortable. I can't make up my mind. I still feel as if I'm coming home in the near future. It is like I am unconsciously not trying to make a lot of ties over here, because my brain still thinks that I'll be home with everything I'm used to in a month or two.

Don't get me wrong, coming home has crossed my mind more than a lot. I constantly go from feeling like I can make it the year to searching Delta for the next available flight. It is that constant change in my mind that frightens me. I'm halfway in between. Stuck. But, the challenge is good for me. I do like that it is harder than I thought. I couldn't live with myself if I came home.

Not to sound like a broken second but, everything over here is so different. Hell, even my last name changed. And that freaks me out, it seems as if its not really me over here. Lets just say its been kinda hard adjusting to things, even little things like the cadence of peoples voice, and the way swedes suck in air to agree with you, instead of just nodding in agreement.

But, life goes on, each day arises a new challenge and sometimes, a new victory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment